Located at Rock Hill Farm in the community of Welsh Run between Mercersburg and Greencastle, Pennsylvania - 12995 Bain Rd, Mercersburg, PA. Just a short 20-minute drive from Hagerstown, we are convenient to our Maryland Visitors too!
Current Building Hours -
Visitor Center (Gift Shop, Toilets) - Saturday's 10 am to 4 pm
Library - Wednesdays 10 am to 2 pm
Historic Programs and Tours are available by appointment.
Library and Genealogy Research by appointment.
Our grounds are open daily from dawn to dusk. We hope to see you soon!
- Free self-guided walking tours and information packets are available Wooden Dispensers conveniently located near each Car Parking area (Welsh Barrens, Negley Cabin, and near the Library) Please take one when you visit. Guided tours are available by appointment
- We have several Nature Trails, including a 1700 ft Cemetery walk that crosses the Welsh Run three times
- Contact us to arrange group tours
- Gift shop with Colonial-style toys and games, local history books, local handicrafts, and other frontier-inspired items
- We accept payment by cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discovery
- Touring the site includes walking on uneven ground and maneuvering through 18th and 19th-century structures, including stairs
- Pets are allowed and encouraged on our grounds, but our policy maintains that they are controlled on a leash. Please be responsible and pick up after your pet's waste for the enjoyment of all
- Animals are prohibited inside public buildings, with the exception of service animals
- As a family-friendly area, no Alcohol or Fire-arms are permitted to be brought on-site without prior approval
- CI is on the National Register of Historic Places for its Archaeological significance. Metal Detecting is illegal anywhere on our grounds.
Let Rock Hill Farm provide the landscape for your next outdoor gathering. Our grounds are available for private rentals with fees beginning at $200 per event. Contact us to request more information about site rentals. From Weddings to Parties, Art Classes, Yoga, or Larping, CI has a beautiful setting for every occasion.